In 2018, the Commission will make comprehensive proposals for the next generation of financial programmes for the post-2020 Multiannual Financial Framework, which is the EU’s long–term budget.
The Commission’s proposals will be designed to make it possible for the EU to deliver on the things that matter most, in areas where it can achieve more than Member States acting alone. This requires a careful assessment both of what has worked well in the past and what could be improved in the future.
This consultation is an integral part of the process and its objective is to collect the views of all interested parties on how to make the most of every euro of the EU budget. The consultation will run until 8 March 2018.
The European Commission has published the mid-term evaluation report of the Erasmus+ Programme. The evaluation builds on over a million responses to questions related to the most well-known programme of the Union, and it establishes itself as the most comprehensive and recent source of evidence.
The main highlights from the Commission are:
- Erasmus+ is felt as to be supportive in both employment terms and active citizenship
- Evidence shows that Erasmus+ is more coherent, relevant and partly more efficient and simpler than its predecessors.
- The evaluation makes a clear case for a stronger investment in education and training with a new emphasis on the younger generations and the most vulnerable groups.
Click here to read the report.
On this very day, the Lifelong Learning Platform also released its own report of the Erasmus+ implementation survey 2017. The platform draws similar conclusions for the overlapping parts, with LLLP’s report placing a strong focus on investments for the future.
In an age where the importance of citizenship education is becoming apparent to deal with the current threats to fundamental European values, many countries are implementing changes in their national policies.
Eurydice brief Citizenship Education at School in Europe – 2017 presents some of the main findings of the November 2017 report, highlighting the differences between countries’ regulations and recommendations regarding citizenship education that can affect its implementation in schools.
The main themes include:
• What is citizenship education about?
• Curriculum organisation
• Learning citizenship in the classroom and beyond
• The assessment of citizenship education
• Training teachers and school heads
Die Europäische Akademie Berlin sucht Sie: interessierte, engagierte Student*innen für ein Praktikum in der Programmabteilung der EAB!
- Unterstützung und Mitarbeit bei der Planung, Organisation und Durchführung von Seminaren
- Recherche zu verschiedenen europäischen Themen
- allgemeine Bürotätigkeiten
- selbständige Kommunikation mit Teilnehmer*innen und Referent*innen
- Vorbereitung und Ausstattung von Diskussionsveranstaltungen und Seminaren
- Empfang und die Akkreditierung von Gästen
- Protokollieren von Meetings
- Mitwirkung an der Erstellung von Veranstaltungsberichten
- Mitwirkung an der Evaluation von Veranstaltungen
- Sicherheit in den gängigen MS-Office Anwendungen
- gute Deutsch – und Englischkenntnisse in Wort und Schrift
- Teamfähigkeit und Belastbarkeit
- Flexibilität und Eigeninitiative
- Mindestens 12 Wochen Zeit, Beginn ab sofort oder später
Mit Lebenslauf, Anschreiben, Immatrikulationsbescheinigung bei: Ute Böhr (firstname.lastname@example.org) und Ilona Rathert (email@example.com)
Reflecting on 30 years of mobility under Erasmus+, the Erasmus+ Generation has put forward 30 concrete proposals on the future of the Erasmus+ programme beyond 2020.
They have high hopes for the future: a larger, simplified and more ambitious Erasmus+ programme that will not only help Europe tackle the most pressing societal challenges, but also bridge the skills gap, increase civic engagement; shape society around shared values; reach out to the most disadvantaged; and foster cooperation with the rest of the world.
The proposals are based on the ideas poured into the Erasmus+ Generation Online Meeting Point, where thousands of former Erasmus+ participants were active in September and October 2017.
Erasmus Generation Declaration