With regard to our project “First-Time-Voters 2014” the new Eurobarometer gives a detailed view on young EU citizens’ participation in society, with special reference to attitudes towards participation in elections and intentions to participate in the European elections in 2014.
The survey examined the following issues:
- young people’s involvement in a range of groups and clubs such as sports clubs, youth organisations and cultural organisations.
- young people’s participation in political elections at the local, regional or national level
- young EU citizen’s awareness and intended participation in forthcoming European elections
- respondents’ awareness of how the members of the European Parliament are elected
- probability of voting in the European elections in 2014
- reasons behind their expected level of participation in the 2014 European elections.